The Best Lifestyle Credit Card
- Joining Fee
- ₹ 10,000
- Annual Fee
- ₹ 10,000
- Joining Bonus
- Taj Epicure Plus Plan and Inner Circle Gold membership & Complimentary Club Vistara Gold membership.
What we like
- Integrated rewards redemption against flights and shopping on smartbuy
- (Relatively) low forex markup fee of 2% on international transactions
- Club Marriott membership gives discounted room rates (in India) and food & beverage
What we don't
- High spend threshold of ₹ 8,00,000 to waive renewal fee
In a tweet
HDFC's most premium card with a now revamped contemporary rewards redemption site. Offers program memberships to Taj, Vistara, Marriott. Scores over the Diners Club Black by offering a lower forex markup fee on international spends. More expensive though.
More about this card
One of the few cards offering forex markup charge of 2%, down from the typical 3.50% charge levied by most cards. For a frequent international traveller, the difference of 150 basis points adds up. Works better than the Standard Chartered Ultimate which charges the full 3.5% and returns 1.5% as cashback.
Club Marriott membership handy for frequent travellers and entertainers
Offers 20% discounted room rates in India and on weekends in Asia-Pacific. Also offers discounted (20%) dining at their restaurants for parties up to 10 guests.
Vistara Gold membership
One of the few cards to have a full-service domestic airline partner. Complementary Vistara Gold membership offers priority check-in counters and boarding, lounge access, increased baggage allowance, all of which can be handy for frequent domestic travellers.
Integrated rewards redemption
HDFC has upped it's game on all credit cards rewards redemption by creating one site from which to redeem in the form of travel, vouchers or picking from the myrewards catalogue.